One of the most uncomfortable issues for construction companies is the
huge amount of time that needs to be spent on making estimates for
customers. Most firms do not charge a fee for a preliminary estimate, so
a lot of time is wasted unproductively.
It is for the solution of this problem that Construction Estimate
software was developed, allowing the efficiency of cooperation with
actual customers to be maximized and the time period between receiving an
order and signing the contract to be minimized.
The software features the following functionalities:
- Automated preparation of estimates on the basis of the data in
reference compendiums for construction works, their prices and
performance standards, materials, machinery, etc. according to the method
of input costing.
- Multi-level structure of the cost estimate to be generated containing
the type of the project which, in its turn, contains all the types of
construction works. All the works are described in detail as to their
scope and price, materials, labour costs and machinery.
- Automated costing of the scope of works in accordance with the price
- Option for truly user-friendly reduction of the combined cost of works
to a particular amount of money.
- Preparation of estimates on the basis of ready templates.
- Option for creating an estimate on the basis of an existing one.
- Option for creating a template for each standard construction project.
The generation of further estimates implies only entering construction
dimensions and automatic calculation of the scope of works on the site.
- Calculation of the area of rooms.
- Automated preparation of accompanying documentation.
- Archive of all the documentation for an unlimited time period.
- Fast information search in the archive across various parameters (the
number of the price quotation, estimate, customer, etc.).
- Reference compendium of works, including labour standards and
comprising the names of construction works of all types and standards for
their performance. Now the software can create its own price lists in the
form of calculations on the basis of the materials used and labour
- The list of materials with actual prices consisting of 2000 positions;
labour standards consisting of 100 positions; machinery consisting of 15
positions, and 200 standards for works.
- The list of works in the order of their completion, amounting to around
400, starting with earthwork and piling and down to cleaning operations
prior to facility commissioning. Reference versions have been created for
the construction of private houses in a variety of sizes. Each consists
of several parts containing all the materials, labour standards and
machinery. To start generating an estimate, you only need to choose works
from the list, and you will instantly get a full complete list of works
in the format of an estimate in which you will need to enter the quantity
of works, metric dimensions and other variables.
- Option for the calculation of work packages in accordance with
standards (when the metric dimension for the installation of plasterboard
is specified, the software will calculate the number of screws, framework
pieces, the quantity of film and paint, etc. for the current
- Common forms for ordering all the materials aggregated from all
calculations, so that you would know the total quantities of materials
for the project and will not have to keep going back and forth to buy the
same type of screws.
- The concept of prime cost has been introduced: once you have entered
how much you pay to the worker (or for materials) and the sum of invoice
to the customer for a particular job (or materials), you can see how much
you have earned from a particular construction project. Before, 2
estimates had to fulfil this purpose – one for the customer and one for
- What has also been added is documentation concerning invoices, payments
(including partial payments) and an option to receive operational
documentation concerning debtors.
- Numerous additional service modes.
- Requirements for documentation vary among companies, so we are going to
customize the documentation concerning contracts, certificates, job
orders, etc. for each individual customer, which will be included in the
overall price without an additional fee.
- Option for adding complementary functionalities which are not supported
by the software at the moment but would be of great use for you.